PHY132S - Introduction to Physics II - Spring 2009
Department of Physics, University of Toronto
Prof. Kimberly Strong
Monday, March 18, 2009
Electromagnetism Section, Lecture 20 (EM#12)
Chapter 33 - Sections 33.4 to 33.8
(OMIT subsections on Ampere's Law and the Hall Effect)
- Magnetic Field of a Current
- Magnetic Dipoles
- Magnetic Resonance Imaging
- Magnetic Force on a Moving Charge
- Magnetic Force on Current-Carrying Wires
Side-Screen Slides (including in-class quizzes)
Central Screen Tablet Notes
Note: I have added cross references to the slides, as most of the material was covered in the slides
rather than the Tablet notes today.
- Today's demonstrations: (i) Solenoid and compass, (ii) Deflection of an electron beam by a bar magnet, (iii) Magnetic force
between two current-carrying wires.
- Today's music selection: Figgy Duff, After the Tempest
||The arrows let you jump to the previous or next class summaries.
PHY132 Electromagnetism Home Page
This web site is maintained by Kimberly Strong.
Last updated March 18, 2009.