PHY132S - Introduction to Physics II - Spring 2009
Department of Physics, University of Toronto
Prof. Kimberly Strong
Monday, February 2, 2009
Electromagnetism Section, Lecture 9 (EM#1)
Chapter 26 - Sections 26.1 to 26.3
- A Charge Model from Observations
- Electric Charge
- Insulators and Conductors
- Example of a Conductor - the Human Body
- Charge Polarization
Side-Screen Slides (including in-class quizzes)
Central Screen Tablet Notes
- Today's demonstrations: (i) Charging pith balls with rubber and glass rods, (ii) Electroscope.
- The Van de Graaff Electrostatic Generator Page (for your interest only) http://www.amasci.com/emotor/vdg.html
- Today's music selection: Jesse Cook, free fall
|The arrow lets you jump to the next class summary.
PHY132 Electromagnetism Home Page
This web site is maintained by Kimberly Strong.
Last updated February 2, 2009.